PLEASE BE IN MIND FOR THE FOLLOWING BELOW TO APPLY ACCORDINGLY, NO ORIGINAL PACKAGING NULLIFIES THE RETURN & REFUND.
What is the ULIST Products Return and Refund Policy?
You may under certain circumstances, where you are not satisfied with any product purchased on the Website, by reason of inter alia defect or incorrect choice of product, be entitled to either be refunded or have the product replaced or repaired, as the case may be.
(1) Early cancellations :You are entitled to cancel any purchase from the website, either in whole or in part, without attracting any cancellation and/or administration charges if you do so within 7 days of receipt of delivery prior to the packaging of the products purchased. If cancellation takes places after the packaging and delivery, you are liable for the costs of the delivery if it is delivered within the 7 day period.
You are to notify ULIST Products of such cancellation online.
If timeously cancelled, you will be fully refunded within 7 days, included delivery charges, without any administrative or other charges being payable provided that, should a sale only be partially cancelled and delivery charges as re-calculated on the value of the revised order exceed the delivery charges as calculated on the original order, you shall be liable for the amount of such excess delivery charges.
(2) Late Delivery & Stock Shortages :If a product you have purchased is not delivered within the agreed delivery period, or, where no specific period was agreed, within 30 days after having purchased the product you are entitled to cancel such purchase on 7 days’ written notice to ULIST Products of such product. In the event that a product that you’ve ordered is out of stock, ULIST Products will notify you thereof, whereupon:
(i) in the event of a temporary out-of-stock situation, you shall be entitled either to cancel the order and be fully refunded, or to maintain the sale subject to a later delivery date as may be agreed;
(ii) in the event of a permanent out-of-stock situation, you shall be entitled to be fully refunded.
In being ‘fully refunded’ as aforesaid, you will be refunded the relevant purchase price and delivery charges, without having to pay any administrative or other charges.
(3) Incorrect Product Delivered :In the event of the incorrect product being delivered to you, meaning it is not the product you purchased, you MUST please NOT remove the product from its original packaging, open or use the product in any way. You are requested to promptly contact ULIST Products immediately so that we can resolve the mistake by arranging to collect such product from you and deliver the correct product to you, as quickly as possible. You will not be liable for the delivery charge or the collection charge of the products.
(4) Non-defective products:You are entitled, after your receipt of a product purchased by you, within 30 days of receipt thereof, to cancel that purchase and to obtain a full purchase price refund, subject to being charged for the return of the product. Cancellation of purchases of non-defective products will NOT apply in respect of the following types of products
(i) Audio or video recordings (ie CD’s or DVD’s) or computer software (ie computer games) which have been opened/UN-sealed;
(ii) Products which by reason of their nature cannot be returned for hygiene reasons, such as iPods.
Although you are entitled to ‘cool off’ and cancel your purchase as aforesaid, the product must be returned in the condition you received it and by following the procedure set out below. So, if you wish to return any non-defective product delivered to you for a refund as aforesaid, please DO NOT remove the product from its original packaging and/or use or wear the Product. Please note that ULIST Products may hold you liable for any damage you cause to the product (including its packaging) while in your possession.
If you want to return a non-defective product you purchased from after the aforesaid 30 day cooling off period and/or the non-defective product returned is not in the same condition as when it was delivered to you, ULIST Products may, in its sole discretion, decide to nevertheless give you a partial refund on that purchase.
(5) Defective Products : Within 6 months after delivery of a product , you –
(i) find that the product is defective or faulty, or unsuitable for the purpose for which it was indicated or intended in the product description (or otherwise generally intended), or not legal, or not reasonably durable (based on circumstances and product type) (hereinafter referred to as being “Defective”); and
(ii) you return such product to ULIST Products in the manner set out in the “Return & Refund Process” section below (being the ONLY manner in which returns will be accepted by the relevant seller);
and the product is subsequently found –
(1) to indeed be Defective, you are entitled to either –
(a) have the product repaired or replaced at ULIST Products expense, or
(b) be fully refunded;
(2) NOT to be Defective, you will not be entitled to any refund, or free replacement or repair, and you may be liable for the costs incurred in having such product collected from and returned back to you.
Please note –
• that where it is claimed that the product is defective, the said product, on receipt by ULIST Products, will be forwarded to either ULIST Products supplier or the manufacturer of the product and the supplier or the manufacturer will inform ULIST Products as to whether the product is indeed defective or not following investigation and/or testing of the products;
• ULIST Products will endeavor to ensure that the defective product is delivered to the supplier and/or manufacturer within 5 working says days of receipt thereof. Although ULIST Products is unable to bind the manufacturer to time limits in its process of testing the product or its investigations, ULIST Products will endeavor to obtain updated weekly reports on the progress and report back to you.
• please see below SPECIFIC TERMS PERTAINING TO THE RETURN AND REFUND OF SPECIFIC PRODUCTS
WHEN IS THE PRODUCT ‘DEFECTIVE’? Please note that the following issues/problems will NOT render the product damaged, defective or unsuitable as aforesaid and will not entitle you to any repair, replacement or refund:
(i) Faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
(ii) Where you, or someone unauthorized to do so by ULIST Products, has altered, repaired or damaged the product (via misuse or abuse). IMPORTANT: you should refuse to accept delivery of any product which is visibly damaged, and if you only discover the damage after the courier has left (eg a cracked screen), then you must report it to ULIST Products as soon as possible and within 48 hours. If only reported after 48 hours, it is reasonable for ULIST Products to determine that the damage was caused post-delivery;
(iii) Electronic hardware or software (including computer games) purchased by you which are not compatible with your operating system and/or existing hardware. Consequently, before purchasing any electronic hardware or software, please confirm that same is compatible with your existing hardware and operating system. System requirements are usually available on the manufacturer’s website
(iv) Encoding on DVD’s not being compliant with your zone (save where the encoding was incorrectly specified in the relevant product description);
(v) Where the colour of a product does not precisely match the colour thereof as depicted on the Website, given that the way colours reflect in product photographs on the Website is dependent on the photographic lighting that was used as well as your computer screen colour and contrast settings etc
(vi) Photographic equipment which shows evidence of (a) impact, sand, liquid or moisture damage; (b) dropping, mishandling or tampering; (c) battery or chemical corrosion; (d) damage caused by connected equipment; or (d) use contrary to the applicable instruction manual;
EXCLUSIONS FROM THE GENERAL RULE:
Special Offers: If the product was ordered pursuant to a “Special Offer” and such product is no longer being offered at the special price, should you elect to have the product repaired or replaced (as opposed to being refunded), you acknowledge and accept that ULIST Products may only be able to repair, not replace same.
Certain product types which have been opened: To combat the illegal copying of digital media, if the following types of products are returned for being defective or damaged, ULIST Products reserves the right to only replace it with another copy of the same product without giving you the option of a refund: CDs, Videos, DVDs, audio tapes, computer software, games and printer consumables.
Photographic equipment: When returning the product, the relevant invoice and proof of payment must also be returned to ULIST Products.
Manufacturer Warranties/Guarantees: Certain products may carry additional manufacturer’s warranties/guarantees which are wider in scope, and/or longer in duration, than the 6 month warranty generally provided (as discussed above). Consequently, if a defect is discovered AFTER 6 months from delivery, you could still rely on the following:
(i) Electronic hardware (excluding Gaming Consoles): Electronic hardware manufacturer guarantees are normally a 1 year repair guarantee in which case your remedy under such Guarantee would be restricted to the costs of repair or replacement of faulty goods or granting of a credit at the sole discretion of the manufacturer after investigation and/or testing of goods.
(ii) Electronic Hardware Manufacturer Guarantees are immediately null and void should any equipment be tampered with, or the seals on equipment be broken by anyone other than the manufacturer’s representative, or the goods be operated outside the manufacturer’s specifications. Manufacturers also won’t be liable for any damage arising from any misuse or abuse of the goods.
(iii) No writable media CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RW may be returned under Electronic Hardware Manufacturer Guarantees.
(iv) Gaming Consoles: Warranties on gaming consoles (PlayStation, Xbox 360, Nintendo) are carried by the manufacturer and are not the responsibility of ULIST Products.
(v) Games and Software: Defective games and other software may be exchanged for the same game/software, but no refunds will be payable.
(vi) Photographic Equipment: The Manufacturer warranties on Photographic Equipment (“Photographic Equipment Warranty”) usually endure for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase (“Photographic Equipment Warranty Period”) against defects in workmanship and materials. To obtain service under this warranty, the product together with the original invoice and proof of payment must be sent back to ULIST Products. Photographic Equipment Warranties do not cover –
a. routine cleaning or normal cosmetic and mechanical wear and tear;
b. damages, defects or unsatisfactory performance caused by the attachment of lenses, flashes or other accessories not produced by the same company as the product purchased; or
c. damages, defects or unsatisfactory performance caused by repairs performed by any party other than a facility authorized by the manufacturer.
Although your rights in relation to Defective products are as set out above, if you return an allegedly Defective product you purchased from ULIST Products and, following inspection thereof it cannot be established with certainty that the product is Defective, ULIST Products may, in its sole discretion, nevertheless decide to give you a partial refund on that purchase or to effect a repair or give you a replacement at a reduced cost.
PROCEDURE FOR RETURN OF A PRODUCT
When wanting to return a product you have purchased from ULIST Products for any reason permitted in terms of our Terms and Conditions –
1. You must first notify ULIST Products thereof to inform us of the reason for your return by contacting us via the online functionality for initiating a return in your Account, or via email at: email@example.com.
2. We will issue you with a RETURNS REQUESTS NUMBER (“RR Number”) and arrange for the collection of the product from you. You must ensure that the product to be collected by the courier is packed so as to comply with the following:
2.1 the product is properly protected;
2.2 save where being returned due to being Defective, the product is still in its original packaging, together with all accessories, instructions and documentation (if any), and in perfect condition for the purposes of resale (ie the product must not be damaged, scratched, soiled, and in the case of electronic hardware, the adhesive screen covers must not have been removed); and
2.3 the RR Number is accurately reflected in/on the parcel
3 Once your item has been approved for return, we will notify you and arrange for our couriers to collect the item from you. Please ensure that the item/product is ready for collection by the courier service.Please ensure that the Returns Request Number and a copy of your original invoice with any return is included in the package.
4 Please ensure that the product is packaged carefully for collection by the courier service.so that it does not become damaged en route. If an item reaches ULIST Products in a damaged condition, ULIST Products reserves the right to reject the return and have the item sent back after the appropriate handling and delivery fees are paid by the customer.
5 ULIST Products will make every endeavour to ensure that the return process of a product is finalised within 30 to 60 days from date of being notified thereof in writing.
REFUNDS OF PRODUCTS
In the event that you are entitled or have qualified for a refund, such refund shall be effected within 7 (seven) working days in the same manner in which your payment was made. EXCEPT in the case where payment was made via EFT or bank deposit in which case we will credit your ULIST Products shopper profile. For EFT and bank deposit payments, you have the right to request that the relevant amount instead be paid back into your bank account (and note that we will only pay back into your bank account and not a third party’s bank account).
SPECIFIC TERMS PERTAINING TO THE RETURN AND REFUND OF SPECIFIC PRODUCTS
Returns in respect of –
• DVDs, Blu-ray Discs and Software only
• If ULIST Products supplied the incorrect product or the product is defective, ULIST Products will exchange it for the correct item(s).
• If the product is a multiple disc item (such as a DVD Box set) then the entire product, including all discs and packaging, needs to be returned if the return has been authorised for it.
• The image of the item not being the same as the item received does not constitute grounds for return, if the item has been opened and/or installed. Images are for illustrative purposes only, and manufacturers and publishers are constantly changing the design of their products, and as such the appearance of the product is subject to change without notice.
• If a customer is not satisfied with their choice of product, it may be returned for a refund if it is in the original condition (DVDs and Software must be sealed, Electronics items not installed or opened). The customer will then be liable for a delivery charge and an additional handling fee of 10% of the value of the product. The delivery and handling charge will be quoted by ULIST Products and will be deducted from the refunded amount.
• DVD’s and Computer software cannot be returned for a refund once they have been opened and will only be replaced (if defective) for the same product.
• All the original packaging and inserted material must be included with any returned item(s).
• If after testing the item it is determined to be in working condition a handling fee of 10%, as well as the delivery costs to and from ULIST Products, will need to be paid before the item is returned. In instances where the item works on our test machines the item will be regarded as not being defective.
• Damaged items must be immediately reported. Scratches on the surface of discs will not be accepted as valid reasons for return unless immediately reported after delivery. Please note that slight scratches on the surface of a disc, that do not affect playback of the disc will not necessary constitute grounds for returns
• In instances where only the cases of the above products are damaged, a replacement case may be requested from ULIST Products and it will be included with a subsequent order.
• If ULIST Products has supplied the incorrect product or the product is defective, ULIST Products will exchange it for the correct item(s). ULIST Products will cover the delivery charges and arrange for the collection and delivery of the item(s).
• Please note: the image of the item not being the same as the item received does not constitute grounds for return. Images are for illustrative purposes only, and manufacturers and publishers are constantly changing the design of their products, and as such the appearance of the product is subject to change without notice.
• Please note : the entire product, including all discs and packaging, needs to be returned if the return has been authorised for it.
• If a customer is not satisfied with their choice of product, it may be returned for a refund, within 7 days of delivery date, provided it is in the original condition received(not opened nor installed). The customer will then be liable for a delivery charge (which will be quoted – it will not necessary be the standard delivery charge, and will depend on your location and the nature of the product) and an additional handling fee of 10% of the value of the product. The delivery and handling charge will be quoted by ULIST Products and will be deducted from the refunded amount.
• Certain Electronics goods may not be returnable unless defective. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm whether an item is exchangeable or not.
• ULIST Products will adhere to the warranty periods and conditions of Electronic products. These products usually have a warranty of one year, but some products have a shorter warranty period. Warranty periods and conditions will be given to a customer on request.
• Please note that physical damage inflicted by the customer is not covered by warranties or guarantees and any such damage invalidates the warranty. Determination of what constitutes physical damage is done by the supplier or manufacturer of the item and such decision lies within the discretion of the supplier or manufacturer in terms of its terms and conditions.
• Electronic goods can be returned for testing during the warranty period. If however it is found not to be faulty or the item was physically damaged by the customer, or the defect is not covered by the warranty conditions, the delivery fee to and from the customer, and a handling fee of 10% of the product’s price will be levied. The suppliers or manufacturers, within their sole discretion shall decide what constitutes physical damage by the customer and if the defect is covered by the warranty conditions.
• ULIST Products will not be liable for incompatibilities in computer hardware. Once items have been opened or installed they can only be returned if defective.
• When an Electronics item can be returned, it must be returned with all their original packaging and accessories. This includes, but is not limited to, cables, discs and manuals. In addition all the suppliers or manufacturer’s barcode stickers and serial number stickers must still be attached to the product, and must not have been removed. Even accidental removal and re-attachment of the barcode sticker will void the warranty in most cases, as it will no longer be possible to verify exactly when that individual item was purchased.
• When an item is found to be defective it may be repaired, or the item alone (and not the packaging) may be replaced, or the entire package may be replaced. This is at the discretion of ULIST Products and its suppliers or the manufacturer, and the sole obligation of ULIST Products and its suppliers is to provide a working item in good condition. If an exact replacement is not available a suitable alternative may be offered or the item will be credited.
• Special Notes
• LCD Monitors generally have a limited warranty regarding stuck or dead pixels. Each manufacturer has their own standards of how many such pixels, or where they are located, do constitute a warranty defect, but in most cases at least two dead pixels are the threshold before a monitor will be exchanged. Please visit the manufactures websites to view their conditions, or contact us at email@example.com.
• Please note that the product specifications are as supplied by our suppliers and the manufactures. The specifications are supplied for information purposes only and are subject to change without notice. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information is completely accurate, ULIST Products will not be responsible in the event of a specification provided not be correct, nor will this constitute grounds for return once a product has been opened or installed. Should you encounter any specifications on our website that you believe to be incorrect, or inaccurate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ULIST Products is not responsible for the data on any storage devices. Should a storage device malfunction within the warranty period ULIST Products will replace the device in accordance with the policies outlined above. Only the physical unit itself will be replaced with a working model should it be defective.
• Printer Cartridges
ULIST Products is not responsible for ensuring the compatibility of your printer with the cartridge you select. Should you wish to return an incorrectly ordered cartridge then the entire box must still be sealed. A handling fee of 10% as well as extra shipping charges will apply in the event of the customer having ordered the incorrect cartridge. Should ULIST Products have supplied the incorrect cartridge, then the item will be exchanged, provided it hasn’t been opened, free of charge.
Notarised By Attorneys For ULIST Products.